God ultimately causes the growth of our churches. But we are to sow Gospel seed, plant it, water it, and love people as God in Christ has loved us.
Sometimes God causes the growth of our churches as His children faithfully follow Him, serve Him, and witness for Him. Sometimes God does not cause growth even when His children faithfully follow Him, serve Him, and witness for Him.
For God’s glory,
Quotable Quote: "God has supernaturally ordained community to sanctify his people to grow in Christ. A call to discipleship and spiritual maturity is a call to biblical community." It doesn't matter what you call small groups within your church community—life groups, Sunday school, discipleship classes, Bible study fellowships—the importance of them remains the same. It's impossible to make disciples apart from community. Ed Stetzer, The Epidemic of Bible Illiteracy In Our Churches
Ray's Top Five:
1. 7 Reasons Some Churches Don’t Grow, Greg Stier
2. 7 of the Most Dangerous Church Cultures I’ve Observed, Ron Edmondson
3. 7 Reasons Churches That Want To Reach Unreached People Don’t, Carey Nieuwhof
4. The Epidemic of Bible Illiteracy In Our Churches, Ed Stetzer
5. Flashback: 8 Reasons Your Church Is Stuck, Tony Morgan