At least we say it is.
We quote and preach the Great Commission, Mt. 28:19-20, but we and our hearers are not sharing the Gospel regularly from all indications.
Below are some good articles on evangelism, what is hindering it, ways to reverse the decline, and how to create a culture of evangelism. I hope they will inspire and equip you and me to share our faith more regularly and more boldly.
To the praise of His glory,
Quotable Quote: “According to Lifeway, 80% of evangelicals know they are called to evangelize, but 61% admit they’ve not had a spiritual conversation with anyone in the last six months.” Dan Darling, Why Christians Don’t Evangelize
Ray’s Top Five:
- Answering “No” To One Of These Questions Will Kill Your Evangelism, Trevin Wax
- Why Christians Don’t Evangelize, Dan Darling
- The Next Future Church Staff Position: Pastor of Community Evangelism, Thom Rainer
- Seven Things Google Tells Us About Evangelism in the United States, Thom Rainer
- Can Evangelistic Culture Be Created? Joel Southerland